Christa Sommerer & Laurent Mignonneau ( Austria / France )
- Photo Credit:
- Title / PHOTOTROPY, 1994
an interactive real-time microscope/1993-94
"Anthroposcope" is an interactive real-time microscope. It
allows visitors to interact with, growing and evolving micro-organisms
that live in the viewfinder of a microscope. By attaching a small pulse
sensor onto his finger, the viewer develops these organisms through his
own pulse, their creation and rhythm follows the rhythm, frequency, amplitude
and speed of his heart beat.
interactive computer installation, A-Life /1994
"Phototropy" is a biological expression describing the force,
that keeps organisms or organs, like for example bacteria or plants, following
the light, in order to get nutrition and hence, to survive.
- Chri sta Sommerer
- b. 1964, Ohlsdorf 'Gmunden
- Laurent Mignonneau
- b. 1967, Angouleme
- Sommerer and Mignonneau collaborate since 1992:
- Exhibitions (Assortment)
- "MEDIALE '93" ,Hamburg
- "Ars Electronica" - "Genetic Art - Artificial Life"
- "Angles of Incidence: Video Reflections of Multimedia Art Works"
The Banff Centre, Alberta, Canada
- "SIGGRAPH '93" - "Machine Culture: The Virtual Frontier",
Anaheim, California, USA
- "InterActiva" - International Festival for Interactive Media
- "ISEA" - Fourth International Symposium on Electronic Art
- "IMAGINA Festival" - Monte Carlo, Monaco
- "ARTE VIRTUAL: 12 Propuestas de Arte Reactivo" Madrid
- "ARS ELECTRONICA '94" , Linz
- "SIGGRAPH '94" - "The Edge" Orlando, Florida